GENEVA, SWITZERLAND – The kids might have just gone back to school but in a few weeks, brace yourself, students are off again for fall break.
What to do? Here is a roundup of fall camps 20-24 October, around the canton. Hurry up and register, most camps fill quickly:
- 3-13 years of age – Intersoccer – Football / soccer camp – At the Varembe football field in Geneva, near the UN. Register for the week or just a couple of days.
- 4-11 years of age – Maison Quartiers Asters-Servette – In Geneva daily activities for little ones.
- 4-11 years of age – Maison de Quartier de Thonex – Registration opens for Thonex and Chêne residents on 18 September and to all others on 25 September.
- 4-12 years of age – City of Geneva – Offered to primary & school children includes sports and cultural activities at really affordable prices.
- 4-13 years of age – Maison Vaudagne – In Meyrin daily activities. Registrations begin 17 September.
- 4-15 years of age – Caritas Jeunesse – From horseback riding to daily excursions – All sleep away camps.
- 4-12 years of age – Key English School – In Corsier and Genthod, canton Geneva, and in Lausanne and other cities in canton Vaud. English, dancing and more.
- 5-11 years of age – Maison de Quartier de St Jean – In the city of Geneva, daily activities.
- 5-11 years of age – Maison de Quartier Chausse-Coq – In the heart of the Old Town a week of fun for kids.
- 5-12 years of age – Maison de quartier des Eaux-Vives – Registration on 15 September for neighborhood residents, 16 September onwards to all.
- 5-18 years of age – Canton Geneva – Include daily and sleep away activities.
- 5-15 years of age – Day Camps Switzerland – Languages, sports and adventures. Daily.
- 6-11 years of age – Pré en bulle – Kids meet at the Grottes for daily walks and activities including swimming, cultural tours and other “mobile adventures”. Registration, 17 September.
- 6-11 years of age – Centre de loisirs de Lancy – Daily activities, priority given to kids that live in that commune others are put on a waiting list.
- 6-12 years of age – Maison de quartier de Jonction – Daily cultural activities. Registration begins 10 September.
- 6-12 years of age – La Gavotte – In a Grand-Lancy farm, children learn about animals and country life.
Many of the Maison de quartiers (or neighborhood community centres) subsidize activities.