GENEVA, Switzerland – From Gregorian chants to Cuban music, from Thin Lizzie nostalgia, to a middle age rapper; here are a few notable concerts in Geneva and surroundings.
- 13 January — Gregorian Voices at the St Peter’s Cathedral — Classical music (see their video).
- 21 January — Snoop Dogg at the Arena – Old school hip hop.
- 23-24 January – Country Music Weekend – at Mr. Pickwick’s.
- 23 January-8 February — Jonny Greenwood & London Contemporary Orchestra, Ross Daly, TV on the Radio and many many more. All part of the Antigel Festival (with an additional concert on 25 February).
- 28 January — Roger Hodgson, formerly of Supertramp.
- 5 February — Kendji Girac at the Theatre du Leman — Latin-flavored chanson.
- 7 February — Chateau Rouge: The Treatment and BlackRain — Two groups, tons of rock (think Thin Lizzie), in Annemasse.
- 16 February — Simple Minds (remember the 80s?).
- 20 February — Macy Gray — very popular R&B.
- 7 March — James Taylor at Theatre du Leman — Folk rock, classic rock, blues.
- 12 March —Yael Naim, as part of the Vois de Fete, a chanson festival in Geneva.
- 1 April — Julien Doré — chanson with a twist.
- 16 April — Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club — Cuban music.
- 25 April — Frero Delavega — indie rock meets chanson.