GENEVA, Switzerland – Here’s a short overview of some of my favorite events for the month. Of course, there are many more concerts and theatre not included here, but enjoy!
- 12 February — Salsa dancing at L’Usine.
- 12-18 February — Roman Polanski film retrospective.
- 14 February — St. Valentine’s costume party at Moulin Rouge. Theme: couples. What else?
- 14 February — Valentine’s in the snow: Ski, snowboarding, music & tartiflette at the Saleve.
- 16 February — CHF5 movies for older residents in Geneva.
- 16 February — Simple Minds in concert (remember the 80s?).
- 19-21 February — CourToujours – previously known as Ecran Mobile, this is a film festival featuring only short films. 34 films in competition and a closing night party with Brazilian music.
- 19-22 February — Layalina (Our Evenings) Festival, in this edition bringing Syrian culture, food, music and discussions.
- 20 February — Macy Gray — R&B concert.
- Until 21 February — Annual wine tasting and sale by Coop at Blandonnet.
- 20-28 February — Urban dance festival in Geneva (hip hop) Festival Groove’N’Move
- 21 February — Monthly flea market in Annecy, France, together with a hand crafts market and art fair.
- 22 February — Monthly flea market by the Lake, in Nyon.
- 22 February — White Turf an international horse race on snow (ok, so it is not in Geneva but this is where all the “beautiful people” like to be seen).
- 27 February – 8 March — International Human Rights Film Festival and Forum.
- Until the end of the month, carnivals throughout Switzerland.