GENEVA, Switzerland – Here’s my listing to some events and entertainment in Geneva in March.
- 3 March-19 April — Exhibit: “V” for Venus; “V” for voluptuous, Valérie Maugeri at the Cité du Temps. Free.
- 27-29 March — Ceramists and sculptors showcased at the Ariana Museum in Geneva open their doors to their ateliers. See full info on all artists around Geneva opening their ateliers to the public here. Free.
- Until 22 March — Theodore Stravinsky retrospective in Carouge. Free.
- Until 30 March — Photo exhibit: “City Lines” by Gérard Beullac at the Cité du Temps. Free.
Concerts & Other Performing Arts
- 1 March — Modern dancing by the Catherine Egger Company at the Ariana Museum in Geneva. Free.
- 7 March — James Taylor at Theatre du Leman — Folk rock, classic rock, blues.
- 9-15 March — Voix de fete: Chanson / Francophone music festival in Geneva.
- 12 March —Yael Naim, as part of the Voix de Fete, a chanson festival in Geneva.
- 27 February–8 March — International Human Rights Film Festival and Forum.
- 1-31 March — Green Film Festival, takes place in 28 cities around Switzerland and neighboring France.
- 9-15 March — The nominees for best Swiss films of 2014 to be screened in Geneva. Part of the Swiss Film Awards at Grutli Theatre.
- 20-29 March — Oriental Film Festival in Geneva.
- 24-29 March — Cern Film Festival bridging science and art.
- 25-29 March — Geneva International Jewish Film Festival.
Flea Markets & Sales
- Full listing including vintage and home decor sales posted separately. All free.
Fairs, Car Shows, Kids & Special Events
- 27 February-8 March — Onex township fair and mechanical rides including some free for kids.
- 5-15 March — Geneva Motor Show, one of the most important in the world.
- 11-14 March — Adults and kids metal workshops at the Atomik Bazaar in Meyrin. Learn to manipulate metal and other materials and transform them into art objects. Recommended. Free.
- 12 March — F**kUp Nights, this oddly titled evening is an opportunity for failed entrepreneurs and business owners to share their f**ked up stories. I am not sure is this is supposed to be a sort of stand up comedy evening, but seems to be all the rage.
- 14-22 March — Anti-racism week in Geneva. Several events to take place around Switzerland.
- 21-22 March — Chocolate Festival in Versoix, Geneva. Mmmm!
- End of March — Burning Mr. Winter away, in several towns around the Canton. Listed separately.
- 28 March-19 April — Luna Park, carnival rides in Plainpalais, Geneva.
- Until the end of the month, carnivals throughout Switzerland.
- 28 March-17 May — Tulips in bloom, exhibit and sale in Morges, canton Vaud. A beautiful display, covers several blocks. A must see.
- 7, 13 March & April — Unicef Marathon training in Geneva. “Each training session will be tailored to your level and supervised by experienced coaches from HUG, Harmony and local runners. The Sunday morning is also be open to walkers.”
- 18 March — Wrestling (catch) competition. Think costumes, girls and kitsch, perfect for a sweaty Saturday night. Aire-la-Ville, Geneva.
- 31 March — USA vs Switzerland football (soccer) game in Zurich.