GENEVA, Switzerland – Seventeen March, the day of the Feast of Saint Patrick, aka, St Patrick’s Day, St Paddy’s Day or Lá Fheile Pádraig, is upon us.
Get your green on, here’s where:
- 14 March – St Patrick’s with Irish Dance and more in Grand-Saconnex.
- 15 March – The Geneva Irish Association is hosting a traditional lunch at Charly O’Neills Pub.
- 17 March – Mulligan’s Irish Pub is said to serve the “best beef casserole imaginable.”
- 17 March – St Patrick’s party at Mr Pickwick.
- 17 March – The Clubhouse hosts a super St Paddy’s Day celebration with traditional Irish stew and Guinness.
- 17 March – the Britannia Pub at the Astoria Hotel also celebrates St Patrick’s.
- 13 March – In Lausanne, the White Horse Pub hosts a concert.
- 14 & 17 March – In Lausanne, Les Boucaniers host special Irish evenings with music, beer and food.
- 17 March – Captain Cook celebrates with Irish music and Guinness non-stop.
- 17-21 March – In Lausanne, the King Size Pub offers a special after-work drinks & concert, then three more days of concerts and special events.
- 17 March – In Lausanne, Harper’s Pub.
- 17 March – In Vevey, Le Bout de Monde celebrates with great music by traditional Irish music group, iFolk.
Yverdon & Other Towns:
- 17 March – In Fribourg, Irish music and food at Paddy Reilly.
- 19 March – In Yverdon-les-bains Celtic music and dancing.
Kiss me I’m Irish! Photo courtesy of K Connors.