Fatal Fire in Geneva Possibly Caused by Electric Blanket

GENEVA, Switzerland – A faulty electric blanket is believed to have caused a fire which left one person dead and five seriously injured last night in Geneva.

The fire that partially destroyed a two-story building, occurred around 22:00 on Friday 13 March at the rue de Bernex, in the southwest part of the canton.

The fatal victim was identified as a man in his 80s who, according to authorities, was unable to escape the fire.

His wife managed to escape but was injured along with four more people in the building. All were listed in serious condition.

Preliminary reports indicate that a faulty electric blanket could be to blame for the blaze.

The Tribune de Genève has further information and photos of post-rescue operations.


Find All About Geneva on Facebook and Twitter. To receive email updates subscribe here.


 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s