Updated with the 2017-2018 season info
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND – Beat the blues: dust off your skates and head to one of the indoor or outdoor skating rinks around Lake Leman. Season is on now!
Ice skating in the city and canton of Geneva:
- Bellevue: Patinoire de La Réserve – posh ice skating. Free to skate but reservation at one of the hotel restaurants is required; open until 23:00 from November to the end of February.
- Bernex – outdoor rink, season ends at the end of February; CHF2; closes at 18:30 or 20:00 depending on weekends.
- Carouge – outdoor rink, until the last week of February; free for kids 6 and under, all others CHF2; closes at 18:00 or 21:00 on weekends.
- City of Geneva: Bastions Park – outdoor small rink, free with CHF2 skates rental; season ends at the end of February; closes by 19:00 or 20:00 on Fridays.
- City of Geneva: Patinoire des Vernets – two large indoor rinks, year-round. Once a month head there for “disco on ice” (info here) and for “go-karting on ice” (info here); CHF3 for kids, CHF6 for adults and CHF2 for those with the 20ans/20card; closes late on weekends.
- City of Geneva: Bains de Paquis – one small rink, free or CHF2 for rentals. New in Geneva. Closes early… beware of the icy wind by the lake.
- Collonge-Bellerive and Vesenaz – season ends at the end of February; free; closes between 19:30 and 20:30.
- Grand Saconnex – outdoor rink, season ends in mid-February; open until 21:00 on Fridays and Saturdays; free, CHF2 to rent skates.
- Meyrin: Patinoire des Vergers – outdoor rink; season ends mid-March; CHF6 for adults, CHF2.50 for kids; closes by 20:30 on Sundays.
- Plan-les-ouates – outdoors rink; season until mid-March; closes by 19:00 except in special evenings.
- Thonex: Sous-Moulin – season runs until mid-April; indoor rink with lessons and group classes.
- Versoix: Place du Bourg – free, open until mid-February; closes at 20:00.
- Vesenaz (see above Collonge-Bellerive) – closes by 19:30.
Outdoor skating (roller blading on “synthetic ice”)
- City of Geneva: Charmilles – free with CHF2 skate rental; season runs until late March; closes by 19:00, closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- Lignon/Vernier – free, CHF2 to rent skates; opens Wednesday and Sunday until 18:00 and Friday and Saturday until 22:00; season ends late March.
- Coppet: outdoors, until early March.
- Gland: covered, for kids only, until mid-March.
- Lausanne: La Pontaise, until early March.
- Lausanne: Malley, three skating rinks, one outdoors.
- Lausanne: Montchoisi, until early March.
- Nyon: for kids up to 13 years of age.
- Annemasse: Seasonal in December mainly for small children.
- Annecy: Indoor ice skating, all year long.
- Evian/Thonon/Bernex: Roller and ice skating
- Le Grand-Bornad
Enjoy the ice!